Built in the 1880s as the Quarters for Boats Crew, Arthouse Salamanca is steeped in maritime history. Heritage listed and now recreated in the spirit of modernism offering a uniquely intimate experience of Hobart and it’s thriving arts scene.
The house is a seamless transition from old to new expressing the current owners abiding interest in art, design and architecture.
Luxury accommodation that is Individually furnished with bespoke and collectable treasures.
This fabulous “pied-à-terre” offers all that is state of the art.
Stunning, uplifting light-filled modern living space flows onto the north facing terrace which features beautiful convict-cut sandstone walls, one of which happens to be the oldest sea wall in Australia, with views to the Derwent River – a truly beautiful and inspiring room.
Secret convict sandstone den / man cave beautifully fitted out with large extremely comfortable built in sofa with TV & DVD player.
Perfect for curling up and escaping the world, once your in there its very hard to leave!
Sleeping & bathing:
- 2 queen sized bedrooms.
- The main bedroom offers river views with open plan ensuite bathroom with freestanding bath.
- The second generous bedroom has beautiful garden and park views.
- The main bathroom has a generous walk in shower set against convict sandstone wall with a fully concealed Míele Laundry.
- Separate dressing room with daybed adjoins both bedrooms.
The full gourmet kitchen has a well-stocked complimentary pantry to cook up a storm with fabulous fresh produce shopping is just a hop, skip and a jump down the road.
An interesting eclectic selection of books, films and music to enjoy, all in the company of a notable art collection.
- 2 Bedrooms with queen sized beds.
- Bed and bathroom linen.
- 2 bathrooms with supplies
- Separate generous dressing room.
- Full gourmet kitchen with complimentary pantry.
- Internet, DVD, TV, iPod with dock.
- Apple TV with access to Netflix.
- Eclectic library of books, magazines, films & music.
- Full concealed Miele laundry.
- Hydronic heating , electric blankets and hot water bottles
- Waverley woollen blankets.
- 2 yoga mats
- parking permit provided for 1 car.
- Sleeps a maximum of 4 – please note 2 queen size beds only.
(Ideal for 2 couples or up to 4 very friendly friends!)
- People over the age of 12 welcome. Small babies are fine.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT THE HOUSE IS ON TWO LEVELS AND THERE IS A FULL SET OF STAIRS.
- GUESTS NEED TO BE MOBILE. BEDROOMS ARE ON UPPER LEVEL AND LIVING AREA AND MAIN BATHROOM ON LOWER LEVEL.